How to choose a wedding officiant? 4 Options to Go
How to choose a wedding officiant? This is quite a troublesome task for every couple because your wedding is impossible without the officiant. The officiant is the person who directs the ceremony. Nowadays, couples decide to celebrate a personalized wedding, whether at home or outside, and they need a ceremony officiant.
How to choose a wedding officiant?
A wedding is the symbolic celebration of the union, love, and happiness of a couple. Indeed, wedding officiants can make your ceremony the most intimate celebration. Once you have decided that you want to hold a symbolic ceremony, it is time to choose the officiant. How to choose a wedding officiant? Here are 4 options to choose an officiant:
The officiant is a couple’s friend:
The advantage that someone close is that they know your relationship, and their words will be much closer and more intimate and cheaper. On the other hand, you must bear in mind that if you are not an officiant, don’t try to handle this task because you can get very nervous or even that the ceremony becomes too informal and loses the emotional sense of a wedding.
The officiant is an exceptional family member:
If you are lucky enough to have a very close relative capable of speaking fluently and sympathetically in public, ask him or her to become the officiant of your wedding. It can be one of your brothers, cousins, uncles, and even grandparents. The ceremony will be endearing to everyone and will have a unique flavor and personality. As unique as those fun wedding ideas you have chosen with so much care, thinking of all your loved ones.
The officiant be a professional:
In this case, the person has enough experience and is used to speaking in public; that is why this option will help you draft your vows and bring a touch of formality to your wedding. In other words, it will adapt to your style, your values , and your requests so that you can enjoy a ceremony that is 100% personalized and faithful to your essence.
The officiant can be a person whom you especially admire:
Do you feel great admiration for a journalist, a writer, an actor, or a politician in your area? It is not often that couples ask these types of people to perform free ceremonies, so they may be flattered and agree to do so.
What does an officiant need to know?
How to choose a wedding officiant? Before you choose an officiant, check out that they must have special training in religious, symbolic, or even civil matters.
It is essential that the officiant has good communication with the couple and listens to the characteristics they are looking for in their wedding. The bride and groom can add information about their symbolic wedding to their civil wedding invitations so that everyone knows what it represents.
In alternative ceremonies, the officiant must inform the bride and groom of the order of symbols, messages, and rituals that traditionally make up the celebration. For a wedding led by a particular officiant to be perfect, it must combine the classic elements with the variations requested by the bride and groom.
What should you take into account when choosing a professional ceremony officiant?
- Through Style: each officiant has a way of working; there are officiants with a humorous touch who follow a protocol, closer officiants who celebrate a more informal wedding.
- Through its experience: ask your master of ceremony what script he usually follows; if he has officiated more ceremonies, you can quickly evaluate their way of working.
- Through its speaking skills: it is essential that the officiant of the ceremony knows how to speak in public, has a good language, and knows how to behave in every situation.
- Through its Interest: when having an interview with an officiant to hire, check out if he/she showed interest in all the details such as your relationship, wedding style, type of guests, suppliers, or music that will be played.
- Through its availability and price: Finally, you must confirm, if the officiant is available on your wedding day and what are their charges.
Begin your marriage adventure with an extraordinary ceremony. How to choose a wedding officiant? Consider all possible options before choosing your officiant, as this way; you will find the perfect person to lead your ceremony. Do not forget to prepare an original wedding souvenir, especially to thank your officiant.